Maine Bat Eviction – Midcoast Wildlife Specialists
Servicing the entire state of Maine including Portland, Bangor, Lewiston, Augusta, Auburn, Ellsworth, Biddeford, Sanford, Saco, Westbrook, Waterville, Presque Isle, York County, Brewer, Bath, Caribou, Old Town, Rockland, Belfast, Gardiner, Calais, Hallowell, Eastport and More.
What we do
Bat Removal/Exclusions, Flying Squirrel Removal/Exclusions, Attic Restoration
And, So Much More
We Utilize Strategies Of Bat Exclusion That Have Proven To Work Time After Time, Which Is Why We Get The Bats Out, And Keep Them Out!
The process of removing bats from a building is a specialized service which can take years of experience in order to master the skills needed to evict bats. Ever since our business started we have practiced “live exclusion” methods of bat control to ensure no harm comes to bats. We care about the well-being of your family most, but we are also happy about the fact that we get to keep our customers safe without having to exterminate any bats. We are proud to support the conservation of our bat species.
Not only are we trained wildlife control professionals, but we focus our business towards bats because there are not a lot of companies in Maine that specialize in bat removal, so we take pride in providing a much needed public service for our Maine residents. Bats in the attic can be a real pain, so we are proud to deliver results.
Call Now At (207) 380-6652.
About Our Warranty & Certifications
Bat jobs contracted through Midcoast Wildlife Specialists come with a minimum warranty of 12 months. The bat removal guarantee will be written up within a legally binding contract. Once the homeowners agree to the terms of our contract and sign, we will then move forward with the bat exclusion project.
Employees of Midcoast Wildlife Specialists are all licensed to perform bat work, and our company also carries the proper insurance for this specialized trade, including workers comp. You can trust we will get the job done right!
To Get Rid Of Bats, You Have To Think Like A Bat!!
We have the experience
We Have Over 25 Years of Experience in The Wildlife Pest Control Industry
Our experts are always focused on offering a permanent solution when dealing with bat problems. Bats are very persistent, which is why the exclusion process needs to be approached from a problem-solving point of view because if you don’t think 2 steps ahead, the bats will probably end up outsmarting you!
There Is A Difference
Bat Bugs VS. Bed Bugs
The difference between Bed Bugs and Bat Bugs is the fact that Bed Bugs prefer to feed on humans, causing red spots to appear on the person’s skin after being bitten, while Bat Bugs prefer to feed on the blood of bats, but will still bite humans. Bed Bugs are much more aggressive towards people. Bat bugs will only bite people when the bats are absent from the home. After some time has passed and the bats do not return, the Bat Bugs will come down into the house looking for their next blood meal/host, which is when people will start to notice them.
We Are Professionals
Amateur Bat Removal – Yee Be Warned!
Bat removal in Maine must be done with extreme caution not to seal bats inside of an attic. All it takes is one wrong move, and the bats will be trapped inside. So what, you ask? Well, when bats get blocked inside an attic they won’t just sit around and wait to die. They will search every crack and crevice to find a way out. They will crawl up and down walls, through ventilation, and eventually, they will either find another way outside or maybe you will have 100 bats flying around inside your house at 2 AM. We’ve seen it happen before. For that reason and others, we do NOT recommend you attempt bat removal on your own. If you do then we wish you luck, you’ll need it!
About The Bat Removal Process
Bats in your home or buildings? The humane (and legal) way Midcoast Wildlife Specialists remove them is through a process called “exclusion.”
Performing a live exclusion involves finding the main entry areas the bats are using and installing a 1-way exclusion device over it, and this allows the bats to fly out of the structure unharmed. During this process, the rest of the structure should be sealed up thoroughly. If any gaps around the roofline are left open, the bats will likely re-enter and continue to utilize the newly discovered entry point. Bat removal jobs can sometimes pose these sorts of problems, which is why you want to hire a bat removal specialist when you discover bats inside your house.
The experience we have in bat control gives Midcoast Wildlife Specialists the edge over other inexperienced service providers who also offer bat removal services in the state of Maine. We are masters at forcing the bats to get out and stay out, which is a lot harder than it sounds. We have estimated that on average our success rates are right around the 95% mark for getting rid of bats on the first exclusion attempt. If you knew anything about bat removal, you’d learn that a 95% success percentage on the first try is not too shabby of a statistic. As for the other 5%, if we’ve done a bat-job for you and the bats find their way back in, we will return to take care of it!
You Need To Know This
Attic & Insulation Facts
In circumstances where the bats have shed a lot of droppings in the attic, it is important to remove all the insulation to start with a clean slate in the attic. The most common types of insulation we encounter in Maine is rolled insulation, batted insulation, blown in fiberglass insulation, & blown in cellulose insulation. Sometimes there is a combination of both or several types of insulation in some attics. We find many homes that are actually under-insulated when inspecting for bats or flying squirrels. Especially during the frigid winters, it is very important to have your attic insulation up to current code to avoid spending a fortune on heating.
Fully Sanitized Like New
Attic Cleanup Process
When performing an attic clean out, our first preference is to get the insulation from the attic to the outside by not bringing the contaminated material through the home. During full attic restoration, we will be removing all the insulation in an attic. We remove insulation with our powerful remediation machine, which sucks the insulation up with long tubes. The tubes lead into the attic and then back outside, blowing the insulation into large fabric bags. Many times we can run suction hoses through a vent in a house, the soffit, or sometimes the roof. There are homes which some material has to come through the home due to construction traits of that particular home. Bat waste can carry histoplasmosis which is a fungal disease contained in the waste. Bird waste can also carry this disease vector. So we are extra careful when transporting any material through the house. If we can, we will sometimes throw our bags out of the 2nd story window to avoid carrying the contaminated material through the house.
Midcoast Wildlife Specialists Bat Exclusion Success Rates
Maine’s humane ethical bat removal and exclusion company
Our bat exclusion success rates are well around 95% on the first bat removal attempt. The other 5% keeps us humble, and the bats also deserve a little bit of credit. After all, a bats echolocation hearing is so complex it can detect a draft coming from a single gap on a house, which is how nuisance bats find their way into a home in the first place! Call Mid-Coast Wildlife Specialists today to get rid of bats in Maine at (207) 380-6652.
Fun Bat Fact: A bats hearing is so good, it can actually hear the number of hairs on your head!!!
Common Maine Bats
The Little Brown Bat and The Big Brown Bat
Maines Insect Eaters
Little Brown Bats
There are 2 main species of bats in the state of Maine. Little brown bats & big brown bats. The little brown bat tends to be in Maine homes mostly during the summer and leaving in the fall to hibernate in caves. Little brown bats have been devastated by the white-nose syndrome that is spreading across the country and has affected the populations of little brown bats dramatically.
Big Brown Bats
The habit with big brown bats is they will hibernate in homeowners attics over the winter in Maine, unlike little brown bats which will migrate to large caves to hibernate in the winter. Big brown bats will adjust their temperature by moving around the attic periodically. That’s the reason why many times we find bat guano underneath the insulation. Why? Because the Big Brown Bats have burrowed under the insulation during prolonged cold periods to keep from freezing, and in the process have left behind some waste.
Towns In Maine For Bat Control
Freeport, Portsmouth, Penobscot, Livermore Falls, Rangeley, Hammond, Stratton, Oquossic, Ogunquit, Rumford, Gorham, Jay, Kingfield, Phillips, Hancock, Mount Desert, Strong, Farmington, Eustis, Brooklyn, Bucksport, Valley, Bar Harbor, Franklin, Sedgwick, Vassalboro, Manchester, China, Clinton, Litchfield, Readfield, Rome, Sidney, Winthrop, Windsor, Wayne, Oakland, Chelsea, Vinalhaven, Hope, Bristol, Somerville, Wiscasset, Southport, South Bristol, Greenwoood, Peru, Exter, Garland, Orono, Orrington, Patten, Plymouth, Greenbush, Hampden, Abbot, Greenville, Fairfield, Harmony, Freedom, Frankfort, Knox, Liberty, Jackson, Prospect, Charolette, Cherryfield, Crawford, Cooper, Cutler, Eliot, Wells, York, Waterboro, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Lubec, Jonesport, Dennysville, Columbia, Addison, Alexander, Lincolnville, Searsmont, Searsport, Detroit, Cornville, Belmont, Brooks, Burnham, Montville, Monroe, Islesboro, Jackman, Madison, Murcer, Bingham, Athens, Burlington, Carmel, Clifton, Lakeville, Hudson, Holland, Millinocket, Springfield, Woodville, Winn, Levant, Charleston, Dexter, Union, Saint George, Boothbay Harbor, Thomaston, Friendship, Cushing, Owls Head, Warren, & Monmouth.